6 BENEFIT FROM ATTENDANCE
- Understand the new techniques for business applications
- Get a recognize certificate MSU/MDI
- Get new and modern solutions to your business problems
- Meeting with international experts in the business simulation games
- Look at your Job from a new perspective
- Maximum benefit of training using real simulation
MOGUL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT “WORK SHOP 1”
MOGUL is a computer-based model that simulates a small manufacturing company that produces two products: Product 1 and Product 2. The manufacturing process consists of forming plastic raw materials (sheets of plastic) into the finished consumer products. The products are sold through retail markets to the general public. The two products are not substitutes for one another, nor are they complementary. This means that sales of one product do not effect sales of the other product. You will also have to decide whether to make the products yourself or to sub-contract the manufacture of them to another company.
Mogul is targeted at introductory management courses. It simulates a small manufacturing company that sells two products in one region. Each decision round requires students to make approximately 40 decisions. Students learn the basic interactions between the various functional areas of business (marketing,operations, finance) without being overwhelmed by a mountain of detail. Mogul helps students get a first-hand experience with the concepts they are reading in their textbook, allowing them to practice their managerial skills in running a business in a safe environment. They also develop the "soft" skills of working in teams. When using the simulation, your students will:
- Decide their company mission, goals, policies, and strategies.
- Develop skills in managing the functional areas of their business.
- Make decisions in the areas of:
- Marketing, including product position and promotion.
- Finance, including short-term loans and mortgages.
- Manufacturing, including in-house production vs. sub-ntracting.